As the COVID-19 situation continues, the Tŝilhqot’in National Government (TNG) is being conscientious of the health and safety of our staff, our members and the communities that we serve. It is important to TNG that we play a part in keeping our communities safe.
TNG wants to share information to ensure that everyone is taking steps to decrease the spread of the COVID-19 at work, school and at home.
If community members have any questions or concerns they can speak to their community health directors and nurses.
The TNG COVID-19 report (Dada Nentsen Gha YatastƗig) is now public.
What You Can Do To Stop the Spread
- Practice good hygiene
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water
- Cough or sneeze into your sleeve or a tissue and dispose of immediately
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, and mouth
- Stop handshaking
- Avoid unnecessary travel
- Wear a mask when social distancing is not possible
- Stay home if you are feeling sick
- Monitor the situation and stay informed
Below are some public resources that you can visit to stay informed about the COVID-19 virus.
- Government of Canada – Public Health
- Government of Canada Toll Free Number: 1-833-784-4397
- Indigenous Services Canada
- Government of BC – Public Safety and Emergency Services
- First Nations Health Authority
- World Health Organization
COVID-19 Update Archive
- April 23, 2021 – COVID-19 Update: BC GOVERNMENT NON-ESSENTIAL TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS
- January 18, 2021 – COVID-19 Update: TSILHQOT’IN COVID-19 COMMUNITY MEASURES
- January 14, 2021 – COVID-19 Update: TNG OFFICE CLOSURE/ WORKING REMOTELY