The Tŝilhqot’in National Government works towards establishing strong practices and policies within our territory. This is done through our constitution, laws and leadership.
Please check here for important notices of events surrounding our governance work.
If you would like to subscribe to governance specific email updates and notices, please email email@example.com.
Tŝilhqot’in Ts’iqi Dechen Jedilhtan Advisory Council
Also known in English as the Tŝilhqot’in Women’s Council, this council was created in the Fall of 2019 following direction from the Tŝilhqot’in Chiefs and engagement with the Tŝilhqot’in communities.
- Support women participating in Tŝilhqot’in Nation leadership at the community and Nation level;
- Be role models, healthy (free of drugs & alcohol), and support healing, and cultural revitalization that contributes to healthy families, communities, and the Nation;
- Prepare recommendations for the Nits’inʔin-qi that are focused on the work of the Women’s Council for the benefit of Tŝilhqot’in deni, and future generations; and
- Meet with Nits’ilʔin-qi regularly to advise on issues and decisions prior to implementation as requested by the Nits’il?in-qi or which has been brought forward by the Women’s Council as emerging issues
The Women’s Council representatives also have roles in each of their respective communities as determined by the community and its leadership. We are very fortunate that the Women’s Council is well rounded, strikes a balance between traditional and western knowledge and includes both elders and youth.
In their inaugural year, the Women’s Council has built a strong foundation as a team, while at the same time, identifying priorities for the Council. Various Sub-tables have presented updates to the Council on their various projects and initiatives.
The Council in its first and second year have been instrumental in providing guidance to the Social sub-table and its initiatives. In 2021, the Council has worked together with the Governance Committee and knowledge holders to conduct ceremony for our fish and water at different locations on our river.
Members of the Council are:
- Thelma Stump, ʔEsdilagh
- Shirley Diablo, Tl’esqox
- Mildred Tenale, Tl’esqox
- Brittney Hink, Yuneŝit’in
- Micole Myers, Yuneŝit’in
- Angelina Stump, Tl’etinqox
- Allison Charleyboy, Tl’etinqox
- Doreen William-Grinder, Xeni
- Margaret Lulua, Xeni
- Joyce Cooper, Tŝi deldel
- Rena Case, Tŝi deldel
Tŝilhqot’in Food Security
The Tŝilhqot’in Nation is moving to establish water governance laws within the territory. If you would like to be involved in this, please contact Shawnee Palmantier, Governance Sub-Table Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.