Emergency Response Activation Levels
|Level 1||Small event – one site, minimum staffing, two or more agencies involved, potential threat.|
|Level 2||Moderate event – several sites, large number of staff, time sensitive tasks, partial evacuation.|
|Level 3||Major event – multiple sites, 24-7 agency-wide effort, multiple agencies involved, extensive evacuations, all resources and support required.|
TNG Emergency Services or Public Information – Phone: 250-394-4043. For information as it relates to the TNG Emergency Operations Centre (EOC).
April 16, 2021 – Emergency Services Notice: Safety Tips for Controlled Burns
As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, the Tŝilhqot’in National Government (TNG) is being conscientious of the health and safety of our staff, our members and the communities that we serve. It is important to TNG that we play a part in keeping our communities safe.
TNG wants to share information to ensure that everyone is taking steps to decrease the spread of the COVID-19 at work, school and at home.
If community members have any questions or concerns they can speak to their community health directors and nurses.
- April 23, 2021 – COVID-19 Update: BC GOVERNMENT NON-ESSENTIAL TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS
- January 18, 2021 – COVID-19 Update: TSILHQOT’IN COVID-19 COMMUNITY MEASURES
- January 14, 2021 – COVID-19 Update: TNG OFFICE CLOSURE/ WORKING REMOTELY
What You Can Do To Stop the Spread
- Practice good hygiene
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water
- Cough or sneeze into your sleeve or a tissue and dispose of immediately
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, and mouth
- Stop handshaking
- Avoid unnecessary travel
- Wear a mask when social distancing is not possible
- Stay home if you are feeling sick
- Monitor the situation and stay informed
To Reach Us
As a precaution for the health and safety of our staff, members and the Tŝilhqot’in communities, TNG has closed its offices until further notice.
TNG staff will continue to work from home to serve the Tŝilhqot’in communities and will still be able to assist you by email or telephone.
- TNG Public Information Line – Ph:(250) 394-4043– for information as it relates to the TNG Emergency Operations Centre (EOC).
- TNG Downtown Office – Ph:(250) 392-3918 – to contact TNG staff on regular TNG business.
- TNG Health Office – Ph:(250) 398-8575 – if you have questions or concerns related to COVID-19 or other health matters.
Below are some public resources that you can visit to stay informed about the COVID-19 virus.
- Government of Canada – Public Health
- Government of Canada Toll Free Number: 1-833-784-4397
- Indigenous Services Canada
- Government of BC – Public Safety and Emergency Services
- First Nations Health Authority
- World Health Organization