Emergency Response Activation Levels
|Level 1||Small event – one site, minimum staffing, two or more agencies involved, potential threat.|
|Level 2||Moderate event – several sites, large number of staff, time sensitive tasks, partial evacuation.|
|Level 3||Major event – multiple sites, 24-7 agency-wide effort, multiple agencies involved, extensive evacuations, all resources and support required.|
April 16, 2021 – Emergency Services Notice: Safety Tips for Controlled Burns
Emergency Numbers & Resources
- Ambulance, Fire, Police: Phone: 911
- Report a Wildfire: Phone: (Toll-Free) 1-800-663-5555 , or *5555 on a cell phone to report wildfires, smoke columns and violations of wildfire regulations in British Columbia.
- Wildfire Information: Phone: 1-888-336-7378 (3FOREST)
- Cariboo Fire Centre (Williams Lake): Phone: 250-989-2600, Wildfire Service Website: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/wildfire-status
- River Forecast Centre (Flood Warnings & Advisories): Website: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/environment/air-land-water/water/drought-flooding-dikes-dams/river-forecast-centre
- Poison Control: Phone: (Toll-Free) 1-800-567-8911, Website: http://www.dpic.org
- Alcohol & Drug Information & Referral Service: Phone: (Toll-Free) 1-800-663-1441, Website: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/managing-your-health/mental-health-substance-use/crisis-and-information-lines
- HealthLink BC: Phone: 811, Deaf or hearing impaired (TTY) Phone: 711, Website: https://www.healthlinkbc.ca/
- Kelty Mental Health Resource Centre: Phone: (Toll-Free) 1-800-665-1822, Website: https://keltymentalhealth.ca/
- Crisis Intervention and Suicide Prevention: Phone: (Toll-Free) 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433), Mental Health Support: Phone: 310-6789 (no need to dial area code), Website: https://www.crisislines.bc.ca/
- Kids Help Phone: Phone: (Toll-Free) 1-800-668-6868, Website: https://kidshelpphone.ca/
- TNG Emergency Services (Hanceville Office): Phone: 250-394-4043
- TNG Emergency Public Information (Emergency Operations Centre): Phone: (250) 305-6151 (Currently inactive)
- Media Contact: Phone: 778-799-2145
As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, the Tŝilhqot’in National Government (TNG) is being conscientious of the health and safety of our staff, our members and the communities that we serve. It is important to TNG that we play a part in keeping our communities safe.
TNG wants to share information to ensure that everyone is taking steps to decrease the spread of the COVID-19 at work, school and at home.
If community members have any questions or concerns they can speak to their community health directors and nurses.
- April 23, 2021 – COVID-19 Update: BC GOVERNMENT NON-ESSENTIAL TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS
- January 18, 2021 – COVID-19 Update: TSILHQOT’IN COVID-19 COMMUNITY MEASURES
- January 14, 2021 – COVID-19 Update: TNG OFFICE CLOSURE/ WORKING REMOTELY
What You Can Do To Stop the Spread
- Practice good hygiene
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water
- Cough or sneeze into your sleeve or a tissue and dispose of immediately
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, and mouth
- Stop handshaking
- Avoid unnecessary travel
- Wear a mask when social distancing is not possible
- Stay home if you are feeling sick
- Monitor the situation and stay informed
Below are some public resources that you can visit to stay informed about the COVID-19 virus.
- Government of Canada – Public Health
- Government of Canada Toll Free Number: 1-833-784-4397
- Indigenous Services Canada
- Government of BC – Public Safety and Emergency Services
- First Nations Health Authority
- World Health Organization
To Reach Us
As a precaution for the health and safety of our staff, members and the Tŝilhqot’in communities, TNG has closed its offices to the public until further notice.
TNG will continue to serve the Tŝilhqot’in communities and will still be able to assist you by email or telephone.
- TNG Emergency Services (Hanceville Office) – Phone: (250) 394-4043
- TNG Downtown Office – Phone: (250) 392-3918 – to contact TNG staff on regular TNG business.
- TNG Lakeside Office – Phone: (778) 799-2145
- TNG Health Office – Phone: (250) 398-8575 – if you have questions or concerns related to COVID-19 or other health matters.
- TNG Mental Health Services – Phone: 1-236-317-8633 -if you require mental support during these challenging times.