- Nits’ilʔin Joe Alphonse’s Health Journey (2021)
- Self-Care tips for the holidays (2020)
- FNHA Shingles Vaccine
- Tŝilhqot’in Health Plan Report (2018)
- Tŝilhqot’in Health Hub Roadmap (2010-2015)
Jordan River Anderson was from Norway House Cree Nation in Manitoba. He was born with complex medical needs that required him to stay in the hospital from birth. When he was two years old the doctors felt he was able to leave the hospital and receive care in a medically trained family home nearby. Neither the provincial nor the federal governments would resolve who would pay for at home care he needed. Jordan died in a hospital in 2005, never having had the chance to return to his family home, his First Nations, and his loved ones.
What we are about
Jordan’s Principle provides access to services and products for First Nations children ages 0-18 with a range of health, social and education programs, services and supports.
To ensure First Nations children get the help they need when they need it.
Sharing information with parents and caregivers about how Jordan’s Principle can help. We can help with:
- One on one assistance with Jordan’s Principle applications.
- Assistance with gathering all documentation for application process.
- Support families to find and access services and products.
- Promote Jordan’s Principle to individuals and/or organizations that support First Nations children.
Who is this for?
First Nations Children/Youth on and off reserve ages 0-19
Examples of what is offered
- Mobility aids
- Assessments and screenings
- Mental health services
- Land-based activities
- Respite care
- Personal support worker
- Tutoring services
- Teachers’ assistants
- Assistive technology and electronics
- Specialized programs based on culture beliefs and practices
- Services from elders
- Land based activities
How to connect
Connect with the Jordan’s Principle team by contacting Denisiqi Services Society through email at email@example.com or by phone at (250) 392-6500 ext 224.
To learn more about Jordan’s Principle go to www.jordansprinciple.ca